Tuesday, January 10, 2012

she get it from her daddy!

Please tell me everyone remembers that song from back in the day, "She Get It From Her Mama" (atleast that's what I think it's called). If you don't, then please excuse the title.

Anyhow, my dad is quite the DIYer and decorator. Not in a girly way, mind you, but a hunting cabin, fish camp, antique lovin' kind of way. I'll have to get some pictures of the lakehouse with my new camera next time I go to showcase all the awesomeness.

My dad also owns a metal fabricating shop down in Dothan, AL. If you recall, they made those awesome stainless steel bar tops that now reside in my house. Dad also constructed other things for me in the past, like a rabbit hutch for my childhood pets and a hayride cart. I guess that's what it was called.. it was on a trailer pulled along by a tractor and held about 12 people. It was awesome!

Well recently, dear ol' dad has been constructing these cookers. If you know him, you know he loves to cook! He's had one of these big cookers for as long as I can remember. He's done fundraisers for my sports teams & school, pretty much all of his class reunions, and has even cooked food for people in need during the holidays. How sweet!



He tried several different designs, and this one is the best!


He even makes them on wheels!  


If you know about cooking/cookers, you know how important it is to have the meat cooked evenly, and this one does just that!


Here's dear ol dad! Rocking the mustache and spatula! And black jeans.. such a hipster.


Just last week I helped him place the cookers on craigslist. You can see the listing here: http://dothan.craigslist.org/hsh/2783999664.html (It's pretty funny. I tried to edit it a bit, and dad wouldn't let me). I don't know how many people in my bloggie "audience" would be interested in this sort of thing, but you might know someone who is! It went up on Thursday night, and on Friday morning I had a text from my dad asking why no one had contacted him about the cookers.. hilarious! Feel free to pass this along if you know someone who's in the market for a cooker! 


I'll be back tomorrow with a project from the weekend!


PS: All pics on this post were taken by my ma, Susan Herring! Thanks ma, for letting me borrow your camera to get the pics for craigslist and a bloggie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment