Wednesday, February 26, 2014

florida atlantic game

Lines and Tigers and Beers, oh my! 


That's what I said about my game day outfit. Being the Florida Atlantic game, I didn't feel the need to break out the big guns (aka a lucky dress or face tat). I did make Murray take this picture bc I realized I could use the line from Wizard of Oz in regards to my ensemble. 

It was late October, so one of those days where it's hot in the sun, but cool in the shade, and cold once the sun goes down. 


I usually try to schedule art shows on small games like this. I didn't have one, and let's be honest, it really doesn't take much to get me down to Auburn, so I was there with my orange and blue bells on. Also, there wasn't another home game for three weeks, so I had to get my game day fix. 

The tradition continues of taking exciting pics of the eagle in her cage before the flight!


The 1983 SEC Championship team was honored at the game. 


Bo Jackson was on that team, but couldn't be at the game, so he nicely made a video saying how he wished he could be there. 

Excellent photography of him speaking on the jumbotron, if I do say so myself:


The eagle flying!
(36yd line on the right side)


Holding up the eagle


Murray and me at the game


It was the game where they bring high school cheerleaders and dancers from across the state to perform at halftime. Naturally, I was DYING to get on the field and cheer with them. 


It got cold enough that I had to break out the always fashionable Auburn gloves!


Super pumped that we WON! 


War damn! 


Sammy at night.


Rolling of the wires. Not near as exciting as the last two home games.. 


So pretty!


That next week was the last I got to spend with my D man. I wouldn't have brought it up again, but I found these pics on my phone, and I had to share them. 

He had never slept like this before, but I thought it was hilarious. 


And this happened all the time, but I never had gotten a pic of it. Whenever there was a squirrel, jogger, mailman, etc. outside, they would both go to the door and bark. Cotton could see over the wall in front of the door, but Diesel couldn't so he always balanced on his sister's shoulders. She didn't mind. So cute.


I still miss him terribly. 

I have a new little man that I will introduce as soon as I catch up on posts. He reminds me of D in lots of ways. The hole in my heart is a little bit smaller now that he's here. 

Also, puppies are way harder than I remember. More on that soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment