Monday, August 15, 2011

AC/DC!!!

AC/DC!!!!!!

aka, Air Conditioner Don't Cool.

IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHIN!

Here's a look-see:


TOTALLY FROZEN!!!!!

and it looks a little bit like a.......

bone? 

(I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, AND SO AM I!!! but i'm trying to keep it PG here, yall). 


EEK! Obviously it's night time, so I turned the air conditioner off, the fan on, and went outside to take care of the issue.. with my putty knife! I was so hot, I could touch the ice to make it melt a significant amount. Then I would take my putty knife and chip away at it. 

Here it is with the majority off. It didn't take long to melt off after that. Of course it happened again the next day..


It melts pretty fast when the sun is out..


Here's the putty knife in action!!! 

SO what's a lady homeowner to do when it's the weekend and no one can come until the next week?? Home Depot!! DUH!! I got a pipe insulator! 


WOOO WOOOO! 

Will someone please buy me this shirt?


Let me also mention that I plunged the toilet earlier today.. haha! 

The air is still not fixed, BTW. It has frozen over about 5 times. The legit air guys are coming out this week. At least it hasn't been 100 degrees the past few days. 

Now for the more lady duties of the house... 

I GOT NEW SIDE TABLES!!!! 


AAAAAAHHHHHEWOIRHNONCASOIDAOSIMDABHWQBRWNGOOPJEI!!!

That's the excitement spilling out of my mouth! 

I CANNOT STOP TALKING ABOUT THESE BABIES!! 


And they're nesting tables!!! Surprisingly, they were not that expensive! They were from ROSS! AMAZEBALLS! 

I also replaced the doggie picture next to the door with this AWESOME print from James Dean (the painter, not the actor.. duh). I've had this print for a while now, but I finally got it framed. It is actually signed by him! AND HE WROTE WAR EAGLE ON IT FOR ME! He came to Auburnart.com (the art store in downtown Auburn) and signed artwork one weekend. I LOOOOOVE everything he does. His main subject is Pete the Cat (who is the blue cat sitting in the car of this print). Visit the site here to read the story: www.petethecat.com. He has all kinds of Auburn paintings! Although most of the Auburn prints are found HERE. He does other colleges, like Georgia, etc.. but obviously Auburn is my favorite. He also paints Pete with classic paintings, like Starry Night and The Kiss. Do yourself a favor, and dig through his site. 



Up close pic of Pete with Samford Hall!

A little tidbit about myself... I call Samford Hall SAMMY! And I LOVE this building. I am going to have to write a whole blog about this beautiful structure, bc there is so much history! ANNNNNNDDD I got to go up to the clock tower before I graduated!!! In case you didn't realize, THAT IS A HUGE DEAL AT AUBURN!!!! 

Back to the house..


Look how good the print looks with the lamp! It matches perfectly! 


AND LOOK! I FOUND TABLES FOR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUCH!

I got the last "big" table at the Ross nearest to me, so I called a couple of Ross's to find out if they had more... Ok, I'll be honest, I called the Ross in Dothan first because I thought my dear sweet mom could've picked them up for me.. but the sales lady in dtown was RUDE and said they didn't ANY tables.. that has to be a lie.. they had to have some side tables.. but to no avail. I called the Ross down 280, and they had them. SUCCESS! 


ahhhhh! There's the basket I got from TJ Maxx (it's made out of paper! I love it!) to hold all of the stuff from the old side table.


Here is the whole layout! 

I also forgot to mention that we moved the dining room rug to the living room. I think it looks so much better! It really pulls the red from the lamp shades, and the prints going up the staircase. Along with some of the things on the shelf.


Another room shot. 

I told you I'd feature these sweet peas soon...


That's the old rug, btw. But still a sweet Cotton ball! 


And sweet Diesel man!!!!!!!!!!! 


And here is a pic of when Possum came to visit! All three dogs slept with me. HOW SCHWEET!!!! 


AND HERE IS ME ON THE STAIRCASE!!!!!!

(just in case you forgot how it looked from the last blog!!)

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

18 DAYS til football season!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment