Thursday, October 25, 2012

the good, the bad, and the ugly

A lot has gone down this week, and it's only Wednesday! Let's start with the good:

My cousin Dewey is a new daddy! His precious little boy was born Tuesday, October 23rd. As of now there is still no name, so we called him various versions of "baby".. like little nugget, bb, baby boy, etc. 


My ma came up here for a doctor's appointment and she brought Neanie, my grandmother, up so we could go see the new baby in Tuscaloosa. Here's Neanie and Ashley (the first grandchild) and the new nugget (the first great-grandchild). How schweet! Neanie was SO excited! She held him for awhile, then I got my turn, and after a few minutes she said: OK, it's my turn again! She's so funny.


Here's me holding him between Neanie's turns. I was a little nervous, but he was just the sweetest thing! He didn't cry the entire time we were there. I think the last time I held a newborn on their birthday was when my younger cousins were born years and years ago. This new nugget is just perfect! His skin is so pretty, and his little face is just perfection. I'm sure we'll be heckling each other about football in no time! (He's a future bama fan)


Ahhh I can't wait to see him again!

I hate to move on to the bad and ugly after his sweet face, but the show must go on!

Sunday afternoon, the bad happened. My gallant steed, Green Bean, was in an accident! She was parked in front of my house, and someone hit her head on. 


Good thing she's a tough ol' bird. It smooshed the front bumper in a little, and below you can see that the gray part is dangling a bit on the left. It busted what I think is the radiator because all that fluid was leaking out (it also could've been transmission fluid). I was able to pop the hood, but couldn't see down below (as if I would've been able to do anything about it..). Too bad I don't have a brush guard! 

I just happened to be walking by the window and saw it go down. The lady who hit her was fine, so that was good! It hit pretty hard, and my big girl was pushed back about 5 feet! The lady was driving a smaller SUV, and Green Bean definitely won the fight. The other car was smoking and the hood was dented up. The insurance company has been just splendid, so it's been pretty painless. One of my work BFFs, the glorious Sherri Ross, came to pick me up Monday morning. THANKS, GUH! 


By lunchtime, the rental car place had picked me up so I could get my new ride. I was able to get something comparable (aka a bigger SUV). They looked at their inventory, looked at me, looked back at the inventory and said: How about a minivan?? HAHAHA! I died with laughter and asked if there was anything else. I was eyeing the trucks haha! They ended up having a Suburban at another location nearby, so they brought it over. The new girl is quite luxurious! She's a white 2012 and has all kinds of fancy going on! I'm enjoying her, but I want Green Bean to get well soon! 

Onto the ugly, and it is quite a doozie. Remember the gold horse head bookends? 


Well I sold them on Etsy and shipped them off a couple of months ago to Canada. I just found out they weren't delivered, and in fact had been returned to the US. My phone number was wrong on the return address, so they couldn't get in touch with me, and it sat there for a MONTH! Well of course I was going to ship it back.. but before I did, I opened the box to check it..

BUSTED.


Both of 'em. I was devastated. How do you tell someone who paid you for something that it was destroyed, and was, as Beyonce so nicely put, IRREPLACEABLE! 

You must not know bout me, you must not know bout me! I can find another you in a minute..

And I did! I frantically drove to Ross, Tuesday Morning, Wal-Mart and FINALLY TJMaxx, and I found some that were similar! MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!


I sent them to the customer, and she is fine with these! I was so nervous she would be upset, but she was totally understanding! I still have to paint them with Liquid Leaf to make them that shiny gold color of the last set. 


Man, did we come full circle or what?! These will be good in no time! 

I have to guard and protect these so that they will not suffer the same fate of the others.

I'm off to bed! If you have time, please please vote for my art in the AuburnArt.com contest! I saw where a lot more of my friends on Facebook liked their page (which you have to do to vote), so a great big THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have voted already! EEE!

PS- I still haven't announced my big news. I am hoping to get that post out tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment