Wednesday, April 3, 2013

sweet home alabama paintings

Well it's another art show week, so I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I tend to have ideas in my head and wait until a show is thisclose before executing them, so I've been making a lot of new stuff! 

Exhibit A: these sweet home Alabama wood paintings! I painted these puppies last week, and as I stated, these are one of those ideas that's been hanging out in my head for a while. I have leftover strips of wood when I make the string art boards. Of course I don't throw anything away (you've seen the carport), so I cut them into these smaller rectangles to paint! 


They are around 6"x7". I put them on Etsy, and on the listing, there is a place for you to choose which option you'd like (1, 2, 3, or 4). I made this image for easy ordering:


They're all painted with a gold background, then the pattern, state, and wording is hand painted by moi on top. 


Since they are handmade, each one may have small variations from the ones in the pictures.

Here's a shot with my paw for you to see the scale! 


CLICK HERE for the Etsy listing! If you'd like to see them in person, I'll have them at Art on R Mountain this Saturday here in Bham! 

No comments:

Post a Comment