Sunday, March 25, 2012

i'm in love with a stripe wall

I painted stripes on my bedroom walls, y'all! I mentioned way back when I painted my room that there was a little "surprise" coming, and this was it! I decided stripes would be good in this room since it has the slanted walls and nothing can be hung on them. I figured stripes would be a good way to add some interest. 

Instead of drawing lines, taping them off, removing the tape, blah blah blah, I just decided to freehand the stripes. I used a level to draw the lines straight and marked them lightly with a pencil after I had painted the walls with high gloss paint.


I painted the stripes with flat paint, so they're the same color. 


I was sleeping on an ISLAND for a couple of weeks while I painted (my bed was pushed in the middle of the room). It was le mis, so I painted the back wall so I could push my bed back in place.  


This weekend I finished up the entire room! FINALLY! 

I moved this dresser from beside the bed to this awkward corner.


I'm not going to show you that side of the room yet, because there is another project I'm going to show tomorrow that's lurking over there.


TA DA! I lubs it! 


The stripes are very subtle. They're really noticeable when the light catches it in certain ways, which is why you can't see it on the bottom left and to the right of the armoire. Do you like my dinosaur TV? HA! 


The only thing I'm not thrilled with is that there is only one stripe along the slanted wall. I should've done 9 stripes instead of 7. Wah wahh. It's also wider because of the slant. Oh well! I still dig it.


There are still a couple of touch ups I need to make, but I was itchin' to get this on the bloggie! That and you would've seen it tomorrow on the weekend project reveal, so I needed to get it on here. 

Onto the giveaway winner! There were 10 comments on the fb page and one on the bloggie for 11 total, so I assigned 1-10 in order to everyone who commented on fb and 11 to the bloggie commenter. I plugged the numbers into random.org, and number 3 won! 

Congrats Andrea! WOOP WOOP! Let me know which giveaway you would like! 




No comments:

Post a Comment