Friday, March 22, 2013

stream of consciousness


I haven't done one of these posts in a while! To recall, it's just random stuff that's going on around these parts.

First (and maybe most important)

IT'S CADBURY EGG SEASON! 


I think I've announced this every year.. they are my FAVORITE sweet treat. My lovely roomie brought me this one home the other night. I just found out CVS has a bogo deal on these babies so I'll be stocking up for the summer. You know they only come around during certain times of the year.. le sigh. And genius. Well played, Cadbury. You know if they're going to be around only a couple of months, I'm likely to buy 24 instead of just 1. 

:::::::

I haven't shown these cutie patooties lately! I love when they turn their heads in opposite directions. 


:::::::

It's been glorious outside lately. I cut and stained a ton of boards the other day! I felt quite productive.


This is what happens when you stain for hours. Yummy.


Note to self: stop biting your fingernails.

:::::::

You know what I haven't had in AGES?!? A hot Krispy Kreme doughnut. You haven't lived until you've had one fresh off the production line. I was headed to Auburn (which doesn't have a KK, btw) and I grabbed them on my way out of Birmingham. 

Do you know how hard it is to ride with a dozen delicious smelling doughnuts sitting right next to you in the car? 

I couldn't even make it out of the parking lot before I devoured a hot glazed. I got half way to Auburn and had to down a chocolate one. Aren't you amazed at my willpower? I wanted to eat them alllllll. 


I ate lunch with my dad in Opelika last Friday. I always meet him at the shop and we take one of the old cars out to lunch. He builds them himself! It really puts my DIY projects to shame. 


This one is a 32 coup. 


He takes care of them like a child. He actually did this to me when I was little... took me outside and hosed me off when I was a baby. I suppose he didn't know how to handle diaper changing. HA! 

Of course I had to throw in a black and white shot.. 


Murray, some friends, and I went to the Auburn/Vanderbilt baseball game, and then went downtown afterwards. It was St. Patrick's Day weekend, so there was lots of celebrating. I had my first Irish Car Bomb. 


In case you're unaware, it's a Bailey's Irish cream shot with a Jameson whiskey shot dropped into a glass of Guinness. 


I'm pretty much half Irish now. It wasn't that bad, but I can't drink it fast like the boys did. 

When I returned home, roomie Katie suggested that we continue celebrating (since it was actually St. Patrick's Day), so we got some champagne and colored it green. HA! 


:::::::

I have been making something new with my new big ol' saw! 


It involves these lovely cedar planks that I've been storing in my carport. Ooooo don't you just love the striations? 


Here's a sneak peek: 


The past couple of days I've used just about every power tool I own. You can't really tell below, but there are three lined up there. The circular saw and miter saw were out there as well. 


I feel like Tim the Tool Man Taylor, and I want to do that RAARRR RAAARR RAARRR noise he makes whenever I'm working. 


I can't wait to show you what I'm making!! EEEE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment