Monday, April 23, 2012

barnwood bama

As you recall from one of the last posts, I have entered an art show! Let the art show pieces commence! 

Remember the wood I brought back from Dothan? It's been hanging out in my carport. 


Until this past weekend. I actually had this idea in my head when I was loading up my car with all this glorious weathered wood. 

I attached them together with some leftover plywood from the bathroom renovation and drew the great state of Alabama on there with chalk. This piece is made of 100% reclaimed materials! Eat your heart out, Al Gore! 


I bought a new toy for this creation. A jig saw! JEALOUS?! 


Psst: I know the above picture is fuzzy, but it was the only one with schweet baby Cotton ball napping! 

It is part of my Ryobi One + set, so it's cordless and fits with my fancy cordless batteries. 


I actually had to break out the ol' circular saw as well, and I cannot tell you how awesome it is to be able to switch back and forth with the cordless batteries. I'm just gonna say it: AMAZEBALLS. 

Here she is!


I put it on facebook right after I finished and got a very good response, so I'm in the process of making a couple more. They'll be on sale at the art show at Avondale Brewery on May 11th here in Birmingham. It's from 7-11pm, so if you're in town, come check it out! A percentage of the proceeds go to benefit children with Autism. Woo! 

And just so you don't think I hang out in my paint clothes all the time, here's a pic of Richard and me in our fancy get ups on the way to a wedding! 


I had three wedding weekends in a row, so this weekend, it's back to biz-nass! 

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment