Monday, April 9, 2012

Jackie's Wedding and Easter!

Ello! I had quite the whirlwind few days traveling this past weekend! I didn't bring along my fancy camera, but I did get pictures with my trusty iPhone. Of course it was Easter weekend, but it was also the wedding of my dear sweet friend, Jackie! She asked me to be a bridesmaid (spoiler alert: I said yes), and I was super excited to be there for her amazing weekend! 

This is from the weekend before last. I dropped by the lake house on my way back to Bham after visiting Binky in the hospital. My dad was itchin' for some of Oskar's cheese balls, and you know I can't turn down a free meal! Here's one of his cars. He built it himself. The ultimate DIY project, eh?!?


I snapped an Instagram shot on the way there. 


Btw, I changed my Instagram name. It's now ilikewhatimherring. Easy peasy! 

Now onto the Wedding/Easter weekend extravaganza! I drove down Thursday night and stayed in Dothan before heading down to the beach for the wedding. I was driving right ahead of a big ol' storm. It looked like this one minute..


and then this the next. CREEPY! I am on high alert during tornado season, so I was a bit nervous. All was fine though!


I had to stay all by my lonesome at the house in Dothan. Mom was still with Binky & the broken leg in Auburn. Luckily, I had the pup pups to keep me company. 
TEENY! 


I ate breakfast with my dad before I headed down to the beach, and I saw this awesome billboard afterwards. Kym must be soo thrilled with Buda-Boop for gettin' her a big ol' sign, y'all! 


Onto the Delta Wedding!

I spied this little ode to DDD in the decorations. 


The wedding was at Bentley's on the Bay, and it was beautiful. We got ready in a big room upstairs, and it was one of the best bridal suites I've ever been in! Mimosas, comfy furniture, big mirrors. Cheese. I think I ate an entire cheese plate while I was up there haha. 

Dresses! Jackie's dress was gorgeous. I loved the lace. 


Everyone getting ready! 


I just so happened to have left ALL of my toiletries and makeup in Birmingham. Who does that?! I had to go "shopping" in my mom's bathroom in dtown to gather the essentials (toothbrush, contact case, etc.), and I was quite lucky she had some Clinique bonuses laying around. I found pretty much all the makeup I needed! The other bridesmaid's helped me out with what I lacked. Thanks, everyone!

Jackie gave everyone these awesome monogrammed shirts to wear while we got ready! Button downs are very important if you've got a fancy hairdo you don't want to mess up. I'm gonna wear the letters off this thing (I like it that much). 


In addition to forgetting my makeup, I also burned the shizz outta myself. I was laying out reading the Hunger Games, and the weather was just too nice that I didn't realize how bad it was..


Wear sunscreen, y'all. The dress PERFECTLY covered it up, with all it's one shouldered glory.

How pretty is this?! The bay was the backdrop to the wedding. 


The actual wedding was held on the sand with the chairs on the grass (to the left of the picture below). The reception was right behind it with a deck area, cornhole in the grass, and the band inside! 


Ahh, it was glorious! 


This truck was sitting in the lawn and was the perfect picture prop.


How gorgeous is that dress?! 


I can't wait to see the professional pictures!!  


Cornhole was a big hit! The boards had big C painted on them for Mr. & Mrs. Tyler Cummins (you can't see it for the lighting in this pic). 


There were so many cute touches all around! How awesome is this window frame?? And the photo book that also doubled as the guest book?! I loved it! 


Aw wee!


As a wedding coozie connoisseur, I'm here to tell you that these are some of the best I've seen! They had a margarita bar, so I displayed both of them for you here:  


Bridesmaids! We got to choose between three different styles of dresses (which is why we don't all match). 


Deltas!


HAHA! 


Dance floor! 


Tyler, the groom, is in dentistry school. Naturally, the groom's table was dentist themed! Hilarious! There was this giant tooth for people to leave Words of Wisdom (get it? wisdom teeth!?! HA!). 


Then the cupcakes had teeth, toothbrushes, and toothpaste on top. There was also a tree with dental ornaments of floss, toothbrushes, and toothpaste. So cute! 


I stayed at my bff Caroline's condo. I've shown you her view before, but I'm showing it again because it is that glorious.


Instagram shot!


I didn't edit the picture below at all. That's how naturally beautiful it is. I didn't want to leave the porch..


Caroline is testing her green thumb with a little garden! I sang to them while I laid out, so I'm sure they will flourish. 


I headed back to Dothan on Sunday morning for Easter! I immediately went to work helping the injured party. Here she is telling the story of how it happened. To recall, it happened after she was on a rope swing, and landed on some rocks wrong. The fibula is broken in two places, tibia in one, and multiple shattered ankle bones. EEK! 


Look at all those pins!!!! When I arrived home, it was NOT wrapped up. Staples and pins in all their glory. 


Binky has won the Annual Easter Egg Hunt for the past three years I believe. She was NOT just going to sit by and watch. Dad was enlisted to roll her around.


Hilarious! 


She even hunted a bit on her own! 


But guess who won this year? ME!!! 

BOOM.


 "Take me inside."


"Ok, seriously. Go get my meds."


NEANIE!!!!!!! The matriarch of the Newman clan.


Note Neanie's shirt. She looooves golf! Here we all are piled up watching the Masters.


I ran back home to scoop up the pups before I headed back to Bham. Here Cotton and Diesel's mama and sister. Dixie (the little mama) to the left, and Puffin at the top. 


I also brought back the huge Coca Cola sign since I was Lone Ranger-ing on my trip. It is HUGE.


It just barely fit. I wish someone could've seen me struggle to get this thing into the car by myself. I'm sure it was quite funny.


It's inside the house now, so I'll show you where I've placed it in the next couple of posts! 

I'm still have some sleep to catch up on from the weekend.


The pups feel the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment