Wednesday, September 26, 2012

ha wah ya?!

That's how my dad says Hawaii! haha What a silly goose.

 With that title, I'm sure you know what that means...

A Hawaii string art! 


My co-worker's sister lives in Hawaii, and she wanted a pair of string arts. The first was a neon green one of her current state. I love the color on that dark stain!  


I'm not gonna lie, it was a tad more challenging than most states. 


Especially the little heart over Honolulu. 


In addition to Hawaii, she wanted her home state in hot pink. Good ol' Alabama!


I dig the pink! 


They look great together! 


They finally arrived after being held hostage at the post office. I googled how long it takes for things to arrive to Hawaii (bc that's where these were shipped). Everyone said about 6 days. It took almost three times that long! EEK! 


Thank goodness they finally arrived! 


I think the universe wants me to go to Hawaii. First, my roommate went, then my coworker, then I did this string art (not to mention the dozens of TV shows that just happened to keep showing stuff in Hawaii). 

Who wants to take me? I want to learn to surf, dammit. 

4 comments:

  1. Terrific work! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously in love with these - every do a Jersey one?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have not done a Jersey one... yet! haha! I had four new states just this past week, so let me know if you'd like me to add Jersey to the list!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the string art!! If you wanna come to Hawaii I would be happy to be your tour guide and host. Just my way if saying thanks for the beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete