Thursday, February 9, 2012

fauxdenzas!

There's a new type of furniture lurking out there in the design world, and it needs to be a part of my life...

the fauxdenza. 

How perfect/beautiful/amazing is this?


And it was a DIY project! This one was made by Morgan at The Brick House. Check out the how-to post right here

Here is another by Anna from Door 16:


Oh lala! 

Here's one from Jen at Made By Girl.


I'm obsessed with those pulls. GIMME! 

This one was shown on thelennoxx.com. I love this blue stripe on the wall! 


The best part is these are so easy to make! Just purchase wall cabinets from ikea, then mount them low on the wall. Ikea cabinets hang from a mounting bar, and according to most of these bloggies above, they are super easy to install. The only "problem" is that the tops of the cabinets aren't finished, so it has to be covered with something. The wood wrapped ones are my FAVORITE.

Who wants to start a petition with me to get an Ikea in Birmingham?!?! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this trend too! Here's another one I like: http://www.yellowbrickhome.com/2012/01/31/denza-done/

    ReplyDelete