Thursday, February 16, 2012

nice shades

I finally got some shades up in the den! (WOO!) I found them at trusty ol' Garden Ridge (across from Sam's in Irondale, for those who live here). Let's have a looksie! 

I needed three to fit my long window. They're actually vinyl, made to look like bamboo.


And check out that price: $9.99 each! I looked at custom curtains online, and it was going to cost me from $120-250 dollars for the choices I liked! I checked for one long one to fit the window, and three short ones, and none of them came close to $30 total.


I unprofessionally hung them up with command strips.. lame, I know. My window casings are made of metal, so rather than fight with that, I decided this was the way to go. The good news is you can't really see it. 


Here it is right before I hung them with the wilt-y white curtains. 


Ta da! 

This was right after I hung them, without fixing the curtains..


In the daytime! 


I probably should've cut the warning tags off so there wasn't a shadow behind the shades. Oopsie.


I love the look! 


Whatchu think, D-man?
(he cocks his head to the side like this whenever you ask a question)


I love it, ma! 


I'm thisclose to being finished with this room.


Who am I kidding? Rooms are never finished!! 

Do you like the watermark I added to the bottom right of the pictures? I decided in this age of pinning and pulling photos from bloggies, I should probably put a stamp on my pictures. Now people will know where to go to find this color obsessed home owner.

PS- If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click here
And yes, I do have a board solely devoted to Cam Newton. JEALOUS?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment