Friday, November 9, 2012

prepared for lift off

Ello govnahs! 

Today is my last day at work! I will greatly miss everyone here, but I am so excited to be going out on my own doing what I love! Everyone's encouraging words and support have just blown me away and given me more motivation going into this solo business venture. I feel excited and nervous and ready and unprepared all at the same time. One minute I have butterflies and the next I have anxiety, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I CAN'T WAIT! 

If you've been reading the bloggie for a while, you know I've been struggling with my brand. I initially picked Fish + Line Design as the name, but in the beginning, I only made paper products. I never quite felt like it was the one, but I needed business cards at the time, so I made the leap. 

Since things have taken off, I felt like it just doesn't represent all my products anymore. Not to mention that people think I'm saying Fishing Line Design and assume the string art is made of, what else: fishing line. All of a sudden it felt too cutesy. I asked other people's opinions, and I got about half and half of people liking what it was, and people trying to think of names I could use instead. But who has to live with it? Moi! 

I finally came up with something. It's simple and to the point. Some might even say generic, but I think the logo spices it up. 


WHAT A TEASE!

Of course I used the fish! I've already ordered business cards, and the website, etsy shop, social media, etc. are all prepped for the transition on d-day.. as in "Diz-zam, is this real life?!" day. What better time to start fresh than my first day on the new job! 

How many times can I say this:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

And for your Friday enjoyment, I'll leave you with this song I'm obsessed with by Shovels & Rope. It's called Birmingham, and I am not ashamed to admit that I play it on repeat.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment