Thursday, November 8, 2012

tourist in the loveliest village

Let me preface this with I'm terribly sorry if you're not an Auburn fan. I know I have posted way too many pictures of Auburn stuff this football season, but I just can't help it. I'm obsessed with this place.

I promise more interesting stuff is coming up. This is my last real week at work! EEE! 

But until then, these are some pictures of last weekend when I went to Auburn. It was homecoming, and it actually warmed up to the 80s on Saturday. It was beautiful! And hey, guess what? We won the game! Of course I brought along my fancy camera to get some pictures of the freshly rolled Toomer's. Binky (my sissy) and I walked downtown after the game to appease my touristy-ness. 

This is my favorite piece of sidewalk. I think I may have shown this on the bloggie before, but not from the fancy camera. It's on Thach and I use to walk by it everyday to class (and to the bars and the games). Someone drew an eagle holding a football with a little AU on it. Aw wee, I just love it! 


The AU chapel! Supposedly it's haunted.. I always look for the ghost of the confederate soldier, but I haven't seen him. Yet. 

Also, I love those weathered shingles. 


SAMMY! Good ol' Samford Hall. Don't worry, there are plenty more shots of this baby. 


Binky, making fun of me for looking like a tourist. 


Yet she still obliged my request to Mary Tyler Moore in front of Toomer's Corner (aka, twirl around the post and throw a hand up). 


A little further down is the white wall painted with Go Tigers and War Eagle. 


Of course I had to pose in front of it! 


Someone spray painted CAM right in the middle. I'm not going to oppose the message, but you would think they would've used a school color.. not green. 


Gigglez. There was a crowd gathering to cross in front of the camera, and Binky wouldn't stop taking pictures. So of course, I couldn't stop laughing. 


Ahhh finally to Toomer's! 




View of Toomer's Drugs from the tree corner. 


And vice versa! Sorry about the glare..


We ended up eating downtown and walking to Bodega. Of course I got more shots of the trees! 


This is why I love Auburn. We didn't know any of these people, but we started talking to the guy on the left because he had some awesome tiger print sunglasses. We sat with the three friends on the left for a bit before getting the three guys on the right to come sit with us too. They clearly aren't from the South (they're wearing shirts from their respective schools), so we invited them to our table to welcome them to town. I, of course, told them all about Auburn and how our state is so crazy about football because we don't have any professional sports. Then I explained how pretty much everyone is AU or UA from birth, and if you aren't automatically one or the other, you'll be assigned one of the teams. I told them they could be honorary Auburn fans! I'm pretty sure they were thrilled. 


Binky and I left after just a little bit to get ready for the evening games. And of course I took more pictures of the trees. The lighting was different, so it justified taking more! 


We had to pose some more, of course.




And get a shot of the trees again.



You might think this is Bink trying to get away from my picture taking, but nope! She posed this herself hahaha!


My poses aren't so natural.. 


Where you at, Sammy?


Ahhhh! 


Why do I love this building so much?!? 


I just can't help but post just about every view I got! Just kidding, there were about 1239 more I didn't put on here.  


I have some very exciting stuff starting next week. After all, it is the liftoff of my business! EEEEE!

I'm going to try to post a small sneak peek tomorrow!

1 comment: