Thursday, October 20, 2011

Callin Baton Rouge!

This weekend I will be making the journey down to Baton Rouge for the Auburn/LSU game. I have been down there a few times, and it has been a different experience each trip. I had heard stories of them being mean, and the first time I went down there, it proved to be true. The corndogs were all up in my face screaming "TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!". I did the only logical thing I could think of.. yell the same thing right back to them, because duh, we are the tigers too. They were not too pleased. When I arrived at the tailgate, a DUDE got right up in my face and said: Your kind aren't welcome here. Uhhh excuse me? There are multiple Auburn fans standing behind you.. I gave him a look and proceeded to the cooler. He was a spicy corndog. They weren't too bad one of the next trips I took down there, and this is when I noticed the higher Auburn was ranked, the meaner they were.

Well this time around, LSU is ranked #1 and Auburn is #20. You would think they'd be in a good mood, riding high at number one. Nope! Turns out several of their players were actually caught riding high and tested positive for drug use, including their star player, THE HONEY BADGER!!!!!


http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7123703/lsu-suspends-tyrann-mathieu-therold-simon-spencer-ware

First off, if you haven't seen this awesome honey badger video, do yourself a favor and watch it right this second. (There's some adult language in it. A lot actually. Do people care about that here? I certainly don't, but I try to keep it to a minimum just in case.) ONTO THE VIDEO!



The corndogs have even made tshirts for their favorite player.


In their defense, this guy is pretty awesome.



Too bad he was caught. Should've taken some notes from his coach, ol' Les Miles, and eaten the grass instead of smoking it.


Seriously. He eats grass. And he said the best grass was in Tiger Stadium. Look at what I found on google maps.



YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP! ESPN even made a parody commercial with Lee Corso eating grass and asking Les Miles about it. Funny!



Silly corndogs. Are you wondering where the corndog name comes from? Here's an article that may or may not have started it all:

http://fromthebleachersblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/lsu-fans-smell-like-corn-dogs.html

HILARIOUS! And they HATE being called corndogs. Last year, LSU played in Auburn. Of course I was in town for the game, and I went to Bodega (a bar in dowtown Auburn), and it was overloaded with LSU fans!! I walked up to the bar with my sister, turned to her and said: Man, there are a bunch of corndogs in here! As soon as it came out of my mouth, my sister looks over my shoulder, and I did the slow turn to see who was there. And wouldn't you know... it was a corndog. He was glaring at me. I could not control the laughter from coming out of my mouth. I smoothed things over quickly, and wouldn't you know, he bought me a drink! How nice!


Auburn Student Section at the LSU game 2010. Hilarious!


My celebratory corndog after the game. I'm hoping for the same result this weekend..

We shall see.

I CAN'T WAIT!



No comments:

Post a Comment