Tuesday, December 13, 2011

fug as a bug in a rug.

Greetings! 

My new rug came in yesterday. Why no exclamation points for that? BECAUSE IT'S FUGLY. 

First off, here is how it looked online: 





And here is what came in the mail: 



I thought I'd give it a chance and check it in the daylight. It was a bit better..


But not how I wanted it.


I think it might would've looked alright if there wasn't yellow in the stool seats. It just looks out of place next to them.


And don't get me started about it not looking good with the pillows I thought it was going to match.


Woof.


Now, you might be thinking: it doesn't look that bad, Rachel..

Well, you'd be wrong. 

I think those pictures let in more light that what I'm seeing in real life. Here's a close up more true to color..


Brown with little yellow flecks.

Here is the rug in a room scene I found:


No way is that the same as what I got in the mail, I don't care how fancy the camera is that took that shot or how good the lighting is...

(also, I know the pattern colors are reversed, but it's by the same company and both were "gold/ivory". Here's a direct comparison for your viewing pleasure. 

 

Here's what kills me: I looked for this rug for FOREVER! I had seen it on one of those discount sites (where the sales only last 3 days), and I just knew it would come back around (the rugs usually do). Well, it didn't. For months. So in the meantime, I searched for other yellow rugs, and I couldn't find a pattern I liked. I finally found a plain yellow rug, and I decided to paint it! Yes, you can paint rugs. Google it, there are some awesome ones out there! SO I taped off this rug (which took several hours) and began painting it. Well that happened on one of the monsoon weeks here in Bham (aka it rained for 4 days in a row) so I stopped painting. I was planning on an awesome bloggie entry for it, but in the meantime, my "dream" rug came back on the discount site!! Of course I snatched it up. 

All this to say, I'm mad I found a rug to paint, stopped because I ordered this rug, and then it turned out to be fugly. 

The good news is there will be a rug painting bloggie next week! 

Hooray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment