Monday, January 23, 2012

tiny thrift store find

I'm back with another little thrift store find! You may have noticed this baby in the back of the pictures from yesterday. 

The globe was tired of sitting by himself on the left side of the table, so I brought in my ol' Hatch Show Print. It needed something else, so this sweet little cross stitched frame was brought in to play. 


It was only $0.25! It had my colors with the reds, golds, and greens, so it had to come home with me.


But that pink and mauve matte board was too outdated for my taste. It had to go! In comes some leftover green spray paint.


Luckily, the entire frame came apart, so it was easy to just paint the matte board.


Naturally, I brought it out to the spray paint patch.


Ta da! Much better, eh? 


Whole sideboard table layout! It looks so much better with the globe having some friends over there.


Mmhmm! 


I gave the frame a good scrubbing. There's still some scruffs and scratches on it, but I think it gives it some character. Something about that old gold frame reminds me of my grandmother's old house, along with the cross stitching.  


Aww, I love you too, tiny thrift store find! 

No comments:

Post a Comment