Monday, May 7, 2012

AU/UA string art!

You might recall my first state string art below: 


I love the light blue shade, but I decided to do some that were true to the school colors. I must say, they look pretty awesome. 


I changed the nails on the Auburn one to silver. They are a bit smaller, so they were easier to nail in than the gold ones on my original one. 


And here is the Alabama/Tuscaloosa one:


I must say, the colors look really good. That white string really pops. 


Just a barner and a bammer hanging out! 


Side Note: If you're not from here, or know the best SEC rivalry, you should know that Auburn fans are referred to as "barners". Auburn has three barns on campus, and there is a famous old photo of cows grazing in front of one of the buildings on campus. Therefore, we have been dubbed "barners". Aw-barn University. I think it's hilarious!


Other schools also call us booger eaters. I'm not exactly sure where that one came from, but it's still funny. Kinda like LSU fans smelling like corndogs.. hilarious!

Anyways, back to the art. I always seem to go off on some tangent when football is involved..


These puppies will be for sale at the art show at Avondale Brewery this Friday! I have three of each so far, and I also made a couple of smaller ones that are about 1/4 the size of these.

 Bloggie posts will be a little sparse this week due to preparations for the show, so I apologize in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment